2018 Book List
I love to read. It is one of the things I enjoy doing most in my free time, but find that I have little time to do. Because of time, each year my goal is to just read 12 books of my choosing, one per month. I may read them all in a two month span, or spread them out-either way it averages out. I wanted to share with you the books I have chosen as my books for this year. Some of these are brand new, others have been in my shopping cart for a while and others I know very little about. I may change things up throughout the year and find other books that I want to add...I try to be flexible when it comes to my reading list. Be looking throughout the year on mentions of these books or reviews here on the blog as I definitely want to share my thoughts on these books and how they have helped me professionally, and personally. So here are my 2018 Book List picks:
1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
2. Talk Like Ted: The 9 Public Speaking Secrets by Carmine Gallo
3. The Wild Card: 7 Steps to an Educator's Creative Breakthrough by Wade King, Hope King
4. Hacking Education: 10 Quick Fixes for Every School by Mark Barnes, Jennifer Gonzalez
5. Lead Like a Pirate: Making School Amazing for Your Students and Staff by Shelley Burgess, Beth Houf
6. Integrating the Arts Across the Elementary School Curriculum by Phyllis Gelineau
7. Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All by Tom Kelley, David Kelley
8. Creativity Rules: Getting Ideas Out of Your Head and Into the World by Tina Seelig
9. inGenius: A Crash Course on Creativity by Tina Seelig
These last three I am leaving open as new books are released throughout the year or I come across other books I am interested in adding to my list.
I also wanted to share with you my list from 2017 as I feel it was an ALL STAR line up of books. I highly recommend these to anyone!
2017 Book List:
-Shattering the Perfect Teacher Myth: 6 Truths that Will Help You THRIVE as an Educator by Aaron Hogan
-Shift This: How to Implement Gradual Change for Massive Impact in Your Classroom by Joy Kirr
-Teach Like a Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity and Transform Your Life as an Educator by Dave Burgess
-The Innovators Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent and Lead a Culture of Creativity by George Couros
-Kids Deserve It: Pushing Boundaries and Challenging Conventional Thinking by Todd Nesloney and Adam Welcome
-Empower: What Happens When Students Own Their Learning by John Spencer and A.J. Juliani
-Ditch that Homework: Practical Strategies to Help Make Homework Obsolete by Matt Miller and Alice Keeler
-Ditch that Textbook: Free Your Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom by Matt Miller
-Launch: Using Design Thinking to Boost Creativity and Bring Out the Maker in Student by Spencer John and A.J. Juliani
-The Power of Branding: Telling Your School's Story by Tony Sinanis
-Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
-The Leader in Me by Stephen Covey
As I wrap up today I wanted to ask for any book recommendations from YOU! Have you read any of the books on my list? Happy Reading in 2018!
Leave a Reply.